1. Smudge with Swords
2. Call Quarters with new “Saints” Q. calls
3. Cast Circle with Battle Theme
4. Check In: What are you battling now? What battles have you fought lately?
(use knight check in piece)
5. Intro into the series: Archetypes, SGA: Aurora
6. Saint Joan Info: K@ and Aurora Explain Structure of ritual: Eve of Battle, Marching to Battle, Battle, Victory Celebrations EVE OF BATTLE
7. Noveanna: women place shrouds on head, read “I am” card and light candle
8. Meditation: pass out pens first (optional paper): K@
9. “Craft” write message that came during the meditation on one hand; have partner write woman’s name who appeared in the meditation on other hand.
10. Teach Chant: The Goddess sings of many things and Battle is but one.
MARCH INTO BATTLE:
1. K@ leads, Aurora turns on red lamps
11. Yoga: Mountain, Repulse the Monkey, Warrior I VICTORY CELEBRATION
12. Recap the night’s themes
13. End Noveanna: “I am Athena!”
14. Farewell to Quarters
15. Close Circle
16. Sing and Feast
new song: “Goddess See Right Through Me”
I am Athena, warrior goddess of Ancient Greece.
I was born clothed in armor and I whisper tactical strategies into the ears of generals on the battlefield.
I protect those engaged in battle, guarding with my great shield and fighting on their behalf with my righteous sword.
Call on me when your battle calls for tact and strategy and when you feel the need for a fierce guardian to guide your steps.
We are the Valkyries, winged priestesses of Viking warriors.
We are the choosers of the slain, gatherers of souls,
welcoming those who show courage in battle to feast in the halls of Valhalla.
Call on us when the battle is lost but the lesson is learned and it is time to celebrate the transition to new realms of your destiny.
I am Esther, born Hadassah, Jewish queen and wife of the Persian King Ahash Ver Osh.
I changed my name and concealed my heritage to become queen of a government which oppressed my people.
In saving the king’s life, I revealed my true identity, becoming a face for my people and saving them from imminent annihilation.
Call on me when the battle calls for courage to face inner conflict
and when defense equals vulnerability.
I am Kali, Hindu goddess of war, destruction, death and rebirth.
I dance into battle, trampling all that stand in my way.
From the destruction I create comes new growth and new life.
Call on me when you need a path cleared,
when it is time to destroy what has been created,
and to allow new growth to rise from the destruction.