Archive for the ‘full moon’ Category
St. Bernadette was only a teenager when she had her visions and stuck to her beliefs when everyone else thought she was crazy and wrong. The message from St. Bernadette is to listen to your inner wisdom.
• Smudge using salt water by dipping a flower or fresh tree bough.
• Singing “Listen, Listen, Listen to Your Heart Song”
• Cast Circle
• Call the quarters using Goddess calls
• Check in question: If you had a magic wand, what would you change about your life?
• Talk about St. Bernadette and why picked her, the message I “hear”
Read the rest of this entry »
1. Smudge with Swords
2. Call Quarters with new “Saints” Q. calls
3. Cast Circle with Battle Theme
4. Check In: What are you battling now? What battles have you fought lately?
(use knight check in piece)
5. Intro into the series: Archetypes, SGA: Aurora
6. Saint Joan Info: K@ and Aurora Explain Structure of ritual: Eve of Battle, Marching to Battle, Battle, Victory Celebrations EVE OF BATTLE
7. Noveanna: women place shrouds on head, read “I am” card and light candle
8. Meditation: pass out pens first (optional paper): K@
9. “Craft” write message that came during the meditation on one hand; have partner write woman’s name who appeared in the meditation on other hand.
10. Teach Chant: The Goddess sings of many things and Battle is but one.
MARCH INTO BATTLE:
1. K@ leads, Aurora turns on red lamps
11. Yoga: Mountain, Repulse the Monkey, Warrior I VICTORY CELEBRATION
12. Recap the night’s themes
13. End Noveanna: “I am Athena!”
14. Farewell to Quarters
15. Close Circle
16. Sing and Feast
new song: “Goddess See Right Through Me”
Noveannas Read the rest of this entry »
This evening reminded me that there are so many energy workers out there, not connecting with like minded individuals. We all use energy in our lives, either to get the attention of a classroom or meeting, or to gauge the mood of someone we are close to.
It’s refreshing to hear (and feel!) other people’s approaches to working with energy. We played with “energy balls” found on amazon.com that make noise only when you finish the link, either alone, or joining hands in a group. We played at having them making noise while we only had our hands hovering about an inch above each others, while we projected energy.
We created energy balls between our two hands and imagined it having colors and sound. We talked about how we can or could use shielding in our everyday lives to protect us emotionally. Some imagined steel plates clanging together to form a safe bubble around them, others imagined slipping an iridescent layer under their skin that sparkled when attacked.
Energy can be pulled from each of the elements, the universe or your personal energy. The later of which is finite and can be drained easily. One exercise was to divide us into pairs and send and receive energy through our hands. The recipient would guess what type of energy the other person was using to send.
Someone asked if we also “teach” during our circles. Our circles are like participatory UU services. We provide food for thought, give new ideas and provide community with each other.
We had an impromptu chant circle with some moving chants like “heart song”
We processed back in silence in the dusky light with the crickets serandeing us. It felt magickal.
In the dusky night we went to the gazebo and raised our voices in chants. We practiced seeing as a group, and also singing in rounds.
One of my favorite songs was created on the spot “I am here, you are here, we are here together”
We also danced our “Witches Dance” which is the Hokey Pokey danced to the tune of “Woman Am I, Spirit Am I”
To hear some of our songs you can go to our website here. We are also offering these songs in CD form as a raffle item at our monthly meetings.
The women picked up chimes from around circle and chimed as they walked around the Chakra Labrinth tarp
Cast circle pulling up your individual rainbow color of energy
Call the Quarters
Explain tarp – made as part of Spinners, Spinners & Weavers on overnight with their tarps, Chakra ~100 – 200 years old, etc
Check in – What Color are you and why? Or what color are you drawn to and why do you think you are drawn to that color? Have each woman draw a Chakra color pen out of a bag and mark a paper with the color drawn.
Have everyone move to group chakra colors drawn together in the rainbow order of the Chakra colors.
Sit down focus on tarp. Mediation “walking labyrinth with eyes” following laser light, Chakra mediation in center, pause, walk out of labyrinth with eyes following light.
Each chakra color group of women discussed what the color they pulled means to them, anything that came up during meditation.
Standing breathing – “conductor”
Dance with veils
Do modified Moon Salutation